About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Southwest Chicken Pie

Well it started off rocky lol as you can see below I found that baking it for 5 mins in my 2 qt circle dish didn’t work so well I rolled out another one and placed that one in my deep dish pie plate that I purchase at a local thrift store for only $2.00 by doing this and watching it start to shrink again I quickly pulled it out and add the other ingredients quickly

Photobucket

Photobucket

Southwestern Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

Well it started off rocky lol as you can see below I found that baking it for 5 mins in my 2 qt circle dish didn’t work so well I rolled out another one and placed that one in my deep dish pie plate that I purchase at a local thrift store for only $2.00 by doing this and watching it start to shrink again I quickly pulled it out and add the other ingredients quickly.

As usual I used ingredients I had on hand plus using more or less as I prefer as well

2 pie crusts

1 cup of black beans w/ onions

1 cup of Pace Cheese Sauce-leftover from previous meal

1 cup of frozen corn

1 cup of frozen green salsa

1 cup of sour cream

1 cup of diced rotisserie chicken-leftover from previous meal

Cumin

Garlic

Verdict=Love it will be a keeper recipe since you can mix and match using what ever crap you have leftover in your frig before wasting it by dumping in the trash so this meal created Zero Waste….

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment