Wednesday, July 20, 2011
This is my stash bag that I created based off a pattern I found on the net the changes I made where small I made it larger and created longer handles as I usually find handles on most things are not right length for me..This bag took a LONG time for me..2 weeks...working here and there....
MAKE SURE YOU SET A TIMER...THEN UNPLUG FOR 3 HOURS SET TIMER AGAIN THIS ALLOWS THE THE MILK TO COOL TO AROUND 110*F BEFORE YOU ADD IN YOUR YOGURT CULTURE..
REMOVE 2 CUPS OF THE WARM MILK AND MIX TOGETHER WITH THE YOGURT CULTURE TO TEMPER THE MIX AS TO NO KILL THE ACTIVE CULTURES BEFORE ADDING IT TO THE WHOLE CROCKPOT OF WARM MILK.
I USED MY WHISK TO MIX IT WELL HOWEVER I SHOULD HAVE JUST STIRRED IT AS IT CREATED LOTS OF AIR AND BUBBLES...
LOVE THIS YOGURT I WILL BE MAKING A LOT MORE IN THE FUTURE.. COST FOR ME WAS JUST THE CULTURE $1.00 SINCE I ALREADY HAD THE POWDERED MILK IN THE CABINET. NEXT TIME I WILL TRY WITH FRESH MILK AS WELL SO FOR $1.79 FOR A GALLON I CAN GET 4 QTS OF YOGURT FOR MY SMOOTHIES...
Monday, July 11, 2011
I have been purchasing parchment paper for $5.00 a roll and usually using about maybe one cookie sheet worth maybe a week....and foil $1.00 for a roll using about 1/2 a roll a week maybe....WHY?????? When for $10 each I could purchase baking mats that are reusable and washable...:O) So I saved my $$ and bought them... I will also be using the pre-sized foil since I have a toaster oven that I use daily and use those for quick clean up..
Update: Been testing out LOVE it best thing I have bought in a long time...I will be getting these for my mom along with 2 new cookie sheets( trust me her's are REALLY bad/dark old)
July 11 Update..Total Spent $93.93 savings $48.77 :O)
Safeway Spent $26.39 saved $39.68 purchasing clearance items/in store sales/coupons on products in store..(didn't bring any coupons with us)
- 1 Bailey's coffee creamer $2.99 1/2 off clearance sticker paid $1.49
- 2 mountain High yogurt $2.68 each 1/2 off clearance sticker paid $2.68 total for 64 oz of yogurt!!
- 5 package of Ground Turkey =Sales $3.99 each plus 1/2 off clearance sticker plus $1.00 off each package coupon $9.95
- 4 package of eggrolls $1.99= total price was $7.96 other stores charge $2.99 each
- 4 package of strawberries 96 cents each paid $3.84
Costco spent $9.96 and $36.16
- 2 huge bottle of Pandra Express Orange sauce for DD $4.98 each
- 2 Bakers Splat Mat's for me $19.99 these are for huge baking sheets
- 1 ALL metal ice cream scoop $2.39 ( the plastic & metal one I had bent in half...)
- 1 large can of tomato paste $3.59 will freeze in ziplock for use later in recipes
- 1 large jar of Minced garlic $3.99
- 1 large container of taco Seasoning $3.89 this will last over a year :O)
Fry's spent $21.42 saved $7.10 plus vip card $1.99
- 1 jar mustard $1.00
- 3 containers of whole grain rice milk on clearance .89 cents each was $1.79 each saved $2.70
- 1 container of yogurt $1.79
- 1 soy creamer 99 cents clearance was $3.89 saved $2.90
- 1 soy half and half $1.49 was $2.99 saved $1.50
- 1 jar pickles $1.49
- 1 apple juice $1.65
- 2 cases of soda $10.00
Budget/Shopping for July $34.17-$7.00-$20..
- 5 lbs of Shredded cheese to repackaged into 2-1 gallon bags (froze 1)$13
- 2 containers of sour cream $$3.00
- 1 package of tortilla $2.59
- 2 packages of wonton wraps $5.00
- 2 bunches of green onions .58 cents
- 5 seedless watermelon-1 laundry tub-$10 (for work potluck)
- 2 containers of ice cream $3.99 get one free with purchase
- 1 container of milk clearance 84 cents
- 1 container of glycerin $2.50
- 2 containers of strawberries $2.00
- 2 sodas-$10
- 2 loaves french bread $ 3.00
- 1 bag of Reeses for dd $2.00
- 1 Frozen Yogurt $ 2.50
- 1 bag of ice $1.50
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
I had lots of potatoes sitting around the house and recently I had some potato pierogies from a box that usually cost about $3.00 a box for say 10 of them..I thought I can make them cheaper, get more and mix and match fillings for quick summer time meals plus right now use up 10 pounds of potatoes..
Break down of the cost of several meals... $5.00
Time to prep food & bake under 1 hour
Potatoes in the pantry FREE
Butter from the frig FREE
Sour Cream from frig FREE
Shredded chicken from freezer FREE
Shredded Cheese from frig FREE
Wonton Wrappers $5.00
DD wanted shredded chicken and cheese as she is not a mashed potato person...
Friday, July 1, 2011
These are 2 crocheted beach size bags I made for someone I like the idea of the draw string since it will allow you to HOLD whatever you place in the bag even if it's larger then then bag with out falling out of the bag...plus the bag expanse to fit the size of your items...