About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chicken & Lentils

Photobucket

Yet again I went in search of a recipe that can be quickly made as well as having the ingredients usually around the house so I can just whip it up at anytime and this is what I came up with GET RECIPE HERE


Photobucket

Ingredient List Used

  • Dry Basil- $.89 purchased this product due to not having any ( extra to use)
  • Rosemary-$.89 purchased this product due to not having any ( extra to use)
  • 1 cup Chicken Broth-Leftover from chicken in the crock pot
  • 1 8 oz can of tomato Sauce
  • Crushed Garlic
  • Dehydrated Onions-only have these or green onions on hand
  • 2 Chicken Breast
  • Minced Carrots

Photobucket

Dice the chicken breasts up to fry some in oil on the stove as I prefer bite size pieces however next time I will diced them smaller as they were still to BIG when trying to eat them.


Photobucket

I used 2 pans one to fry the chicken and the smaller pan to heat up the garlic and onions


Photobucket

Why make chicken broth you may ask well for me it's a no brainer I just saved myself around $1.00 for a can. I also know what is in the broth as well be it veggies or spices that I may add...

Photobucket

Pretty Picture of a meal that was nice however it was very bland even with all the spices and stuff so this is what I added to the recipe when completed & what I plan to add next time as regular ingredients so get a nice flavor.

  • Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning-Sea Salt/Mustard Seed/Black Peppercorn/Coriander/Onion/Garlic/Paprika/Red Chili Peppers Flakes
  • Cumin

Verdict- Keeper with the extra ingredients SO MUCH BETTER !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment