About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Focaccia Bread

Focaccia Bread to me =
  • Scary idea
  • I can't it's to hard
  • I will mess it up
  • Oh no not yeast again
  • I got this recipe from here it worked great and was easy
Photobucket

It started with 1 packet of quick rise yeast . a shake of salt and 1 tbsp. of sugar


Photobucket

Place the above ingredients in a large bowl with 3 1/4 cup of flour give a quick whisk to mix the ingredients together.

Photobucket

Get 1 2/3 cup of very warm water ready to drop/pour into the flour mixture make sure the water not to HOT or it will kill the yeast.


Photobucket

Grease a pan 9 x 13 as well as turn the oven on to 375 *F


Photobucket

Pour the warm water into the flour mixture


Photobucket

Grab some oil could use extra virgin or veggie in this mix above

Photobucket
Spread batter into the pan (I used a spatula sprayed with oil to avoid it sticking)
Photobucket

I used a lint free type of towel to avoid (lint on my bread YUCK!!) allow bread to rise to double to size it took 30 mins

Photobucket
Drizzle top with 2 tsp. of oil spread over the whole loaf of bread

Photobucket
I used the bottom of a large handled spoon

Photobucket

Grab whatever spices you wish- I used Italian spices as well as garlic powder (next time I would use minced garlic and saute in oil as well as add the spices to the bread dough mix)
Photobucket

Cook until golden brown it took 30 mins :O) on 375*F

Verdict- Perfect except it lacked flavor from the spices see above note to fix issue next time plus since there is only 2 people I would only do a half of a batch

No comments:

Post a Comment