About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Broccoli Hot Dish

Photobucket

Homemade broth I made last week I decided to use in place of the chicken broth due to I didn't want to open a container of chicken broth when I had 4 containers of vegetable broth
Photobucket

Except it was frozen so I quickly ran it under cold water then was able to pop it out of the plastic container & into a large measure cup


Photobucket

The broccoli I had needed to be diced up in to better eatable pieces as well and prepping the leftover broccoli for another meal later in the week saves time.

Photobucket

I have never used crimini mushrooms but I thought I would give them a try in the recipe..and a little butter...


Photobucket

Mystery ingredient I decided to add extra to the recipe since I love onions and well the jar needs to be used up..Cleaning the Pantry

Photobucket

Months ago I got this chicken on clearance and I froze it for quick use later just perfect for this recipe I didn't use 1/2 but I diced it up well.

Photobucket

3 tbsp of flour and some panko bread crumbs

Photobucket

Sauteed the Mushrooms and onions in butter

Photobucket

Added the flour to the butter mixture to make a Roux

Photobucket

A few nights ago I had made Mac & Cheese using a jar of Ragu Cheese Sauce well I have over half of a jar of sauce left so I add 3 big huge spoonfuls of cheese.

Photobucket

Layer the casserole (I just wing it by mixing it all together ) and topped it with panko and some spices :O)

Photobucket

Verdict: Don't it look pretty and yummy?? Well it was very yummy....Keeper for me..The cocktail onions would have been better sauteed in butter and fried nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment