About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Food Deals



Photobucket


$14.95 regular price & Clearance price $ 7.47 = Difference of $7.48

$6.99 regular price and $3.50 is the clearance price for the cheesecake
$.99 regular price and $.49 is the clearance price for the cilantro
$3.99 regular price and $1.99 is the clearance price for the ground chicken
$2.98 regular price and $1.49 is the clearance price for the apples


I used a good portion of the cilantro in my southwestern egg roll and froze 2-1 cup container of cilantro for quick use in a recipe later so basically for 49 cents I'll get 3 meals out of this batch of cilantro.

Photobucket

Taco Salad from the ground chicken

The ground chicken was divided half one into the freezer and the rest into a frying pan for quick taco salad for 2. These are the ingredients that got added but this is a picture of my dd plate before we added our own ingredients of the following.


  • Chow Mein noodles in place of croutons dd can't eat them and we had tortilla chips but decided to not open an unopened back right now
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Catalina Salad Dressing
  • Sour Cream
  • Green Onions
  • Pepperoncini
  • Salsa


Apple Blossoms/Apple Dumplings/ Mini Apple Pies

Depending on what you want to call them...I searched online for a quick recipe that was close to what I was looking for so I could use up a few pie crusts we had frozen in the freezer...
Apple Dumpling Recipe

Photobucket

When I read the recipe I thought first lots of ingredients then I thought well I will just wing it my way as usual. To keep it simple so this is what I used only. For 2 people I decided 2 baggies of the apples quickly diced and 1 crust for 2 mini pies..

Photobucket

Grab what ever pan you go that fits in your oven since I use my toaster oven I grabbed my biggest pan so I could fit both crusts on the sheet and cook at one time.

Photobucket

Into the hot oven 375*F oven for 35 minutes & out popped 2 nice apple pies to serve w/ vanilla ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment