About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wacky Cake Mix

Dairy free and Egg Free Cake Mix

As most people know dd has been troubled w/ what she can and can't eat due to Dairy Product(cow milk)hiding out in almost everything my mom use to make this cake all the time when we were growing up since it didn't need milk or egg which were hard to get in the winter time if you got snowed in. However it was not one I wrote down I needed to ask mom for it again however I just jumped online to my fave cooking site because I know someone would have posted this type of recipe by now and I was right here it is
Wacky Cake Recipe


I decided to pre-make the mix up in a dry kit which will allow dd to just add the wet ingredients when she is ready to use it.



Photobucket

So I grabbed a quart size freezer bag and started measuring out the following dry ingredients.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Wet Ingredients that need to be added when ready to make the cake

1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup water


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

Pour dry mix baggie into an 8x8 inch ungreased cake pan. Make three depressions. Pour oil into one well, vinegar into second, and vanilla into third well. Pour water over all, and stir well with fork.

Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Frost with your favorite icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment