About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Stuffed Green Pepper

This dinner started off as a use up leftover ingredients this and that with an actual recipe I just used as usual what I had on hand or leftover that I assumed would work... and this is the original recipe Stuffed Green Peppers I while playing on my favorite cooking website the was the daily recipe the other day and I thought I could use my leftover meatballs & sauce in this from the dinner we had the night before :O)

Photobucket

2 green bell peppers (use what you prefer)
1 cup of leftover spaghetti sauce
6 turkey meatballs
1 package of mushrooms
1 cup of precooked white rice from the freezer
Green onions
Worcestershire sauce
Shredded Cheese


Photobucket

Bigger Pot-boiling water & salt bring to a boil this is to parboil the green peppers in for (5mins to soften them up).

Smaller Pot- this was to cook the mushroom & filling mix in.




Photobucket

Cut the tops off & remove seeds
Left with some nice top pieces that I could add to the filling no reason to waste good product just because a recipe doesn't call for it :O) got to love recipe that seem to waste things..

Photobucket

I dropped the peppers in the boiling water along w/the pieces of the tops.



Photobucket

In the smaller pot I sauteed in butter the diced mushrooms


Photobucket
Diced the green pepper tops be added to the filling mixture.


Photobucket

After the mushrooms reduced I added the following items spaghetti sauce, diced up meatballs, white rice, green onions, Worcestershire sauce and shredded cheese mixed up well.


Photobucket

In a glass loaf pan I lined it with foil for quicker clean on after dinner. I also sprayed the foil as well and then placed the par-cooked green peppers into it.



Photobucket

Filled the pepper w/ filling & shredded cheese.

Photobucket

Popped the stuffed green peppers into a toaster oven for 30 mins at 350*F


Verdict: I don't like the bell pepper part go figure but I loved the stuffing so I will just create the stuffing part for dinner using the diced up bell peppers next time

No comments:

Post a Comment