About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Homemade Liquid Hand Soap

Photobucket
I am sure you have empty liquid soap container laying around the house but no extra liquid soap to fill them up. I have read on the net about making homemade liquid soap my first thoughts were as follow...Why make it? Will it work the same? How hard is it to make it? Is it worth it?

Photobucket
I read that you use about 1 cup of soap shaving and about 3 cups of water so I filled the bottles with water ( I had 2 empty) twice then poured that into stainless steal.
Photobucket
I had a very small soap sliver of Glycerin left and shredded it with a small hand grater that I had.
Photobucket
I boiled the water then dropped the grater soap slivers into the hot boiling water for 1 min then turned it off to allow to cool.
Photobucket
Allowed to cool to room temp you will notice the difference in both color as well as it is thicker like pudding..
Photobucket
I was able to slowly pour it into the 2 bottles it was VERY THICK and Goopy yet to use it I just added a little more water into the bottle and pushed and it worked Perfectly and the cost was just Time...I will need to check the recipe in the AM and see if I needed to add more water to the bottles.


Update 6-1-11 The Goopy stuff got to be VERY VERY Thick to thick to get out of bottle via the pump so I have emptied it into another container and ALOT more water seems to be alot better...

No comments:

Post a Comment