About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Once A Month Meals

Well my story starts with a small disaster my full size freezer accidentally was unplugged....Lost my bulk meals/meat supply/ extra freezer items....I figure around $300 or so plus time and lots of energy... What did I do to fix this mess.. Broke out my Dinner meal planner I created 2 weeks ago that listed all the meals we like I got close to 30 I was very surprised....since I usually can't figure out what I what for dinner...

Step 1 Figure out which meals could be made cheap and freeze well plus use what I have in the pantry as well.....

Step 2 First Cooking Session as small due to I did the shopping and the cooking all in day one...( that is was pushing it but had to be done)
  • 6 bread loaf size Lasagna
  • 6 1 cup portion Chicken Sloppy Joe's
  • 30 Southwestern egg rolls
  • 11 baggies of shredded chicken for wraps
  • 2 meals of chicken breasts
  • 3 quarts of Chicken Noodle Soup
1 quart baggie of shredded carrots &1 quart baggie of celery
for another batch of soup later next month....


I went shopping for the above items and still have more planned to make tomorrow just my brain is tired and so am I.....

No comments:

Post a Comment