About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Friday, January 15, 2010

Leftovers Quick Soup

Photobucket

The original recipe is from Allrecipe.com however I modify it based on what ingredients I have in the house which makes a great quick meal w/ crackers or a side salad.

This time I used:
2 cans of fire roasted canned diced tomatoes w/ jalapenos
2 (1 cup) bags of pre-cooked black beans that I had in the freezer
1.5 cups of water I could use broth but decided to just use water
1.5 cup of Taco Sauce ( El Pato salsa de jalapeno) I always have this on hand
10-12 cocktail onions got a jar to use up since I don't eat them I diced to mince up
1 green pepper diced up
2 cups of shredded chicken that I precooked yesterday in the crockpot
2-3 tsp of ground cumin

Mixed this all together on stove top due to already using the crock-pot for something else. I let this simmer for 1.5 hour. This was great loved it. Plus this soup you can make w/ whatever you have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment