With a Waffle or Pancake recipe and a little time on the weekend morning between 0500-0600 before the rest of the house gets up turn out 2-6 batches of them to freeze.
I made 2 batches this past weekend and that should last me to next Saturday however I realized if I have made more then I would only have to do it every other weekend which would save me time when I am busy on the other weekends.
This Classic Waffle Mix is very simple and quick you also could pre-make the dry ingredients in Ziploc bags & making up several bags for quick pour and whip up batches by just adding the wet ingredients.
Classic Waffle or Pancake Batter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 1/2 cups warm milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.
- Ladle approximately 1/3 of a cup the batter into a preheated waffle iron.
- Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately or allow to cool to freeze in Ziploc bags