About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Getting Healthier Part 1

I am posting this here for ME to remind me why I must do this and to keep me on track.. This is part of who I am and what I need to do to help me set small goals and reach them blogging will help me and maybe someone else as well..
I starting off the first of the year w/ getting health insurance and getting into seeing the Doctor. Having everything checked from head to toe it is taking longer due to see various Doctors to make sure I am healthier...

So the after checking out various things I was ready to see the 
Dietitian to help me get going and monitor things for me...So I have..:O) Guess what I am overweight LOL really I didn't know!! Just kidding I have been overweight for as long as I can remember even at before age 12...why do I know this do I worn boys jeans (called husky size)

First step in this get healthier diet plan for me was to set a small goal I didn't want to set goals I can't reach so I starting w/ 27 so I can get under a certain number I must reach... then I will start on the next 20 pounds or whatever but the first is important to me...

2nd step was increase my eating healthier foods as well as getting right amounts for what I should be eating as I was not eating correctly.. so 3 simple changes to start this month was 

Increase dairy to 2-3 servings a day
Increase fruit to 2 everyday
Increase veggies to 2 cups per day

3rd step was get moving- the big E word.....Exercise..   Every day I must follow a simple stretch routine that the Dietitian gave me..I needed per the Dietitian was to walk 30 mins... This will be new for me the goal that I said to the Dietitian that I would walk 3 days a week to start...Well I decided that would not work for me so I started walking every DAY for 30 mins...so I wouldn't say oh I will tomorrow no excuses!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment