About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Baked Potato Soup

Photobucket

Over the weekend at work a co-worker brought in a huge pot of Ham & Potato Soup however I was unable to try/have it due to being pork free so of coarse I went in search of a small batch that I could make/try for myself. After reading many I decided this was the one to try...
Baked Potato Soup
From as usual my fave go to website All Recipes. After reading most of the ingredient I set about to create a great soup. I wanted to added extra veggie as well (to use up my supply of stuff in freezer/Refrieg) I am not picky about having a soup be all about just potatoes.

1 tbsp of garlic
1 tbsp of Yogurt butter
1 tsp of EVOO
3 tsbp of Flour
1 cup of diced carrots
1 cup of celery
2 potatoes diced
1/2 cup of minced green onions
6-8 stems of Asian Basil
3 cups of Chicken broth
1/2 cup of half & half
Pepper

In a small pot I sauteed the butter/evoo/garlic added basil and greens onions mixed well poured 3 tbsp of flour over mixture and cooked a few mins to that I slowly added the chicken broth and whisked well. Allowed to heat well. then poured that into my new 2 quart mini crock-pot I added the nuked diced up carrots- celery-and the hot mixture allowed this to cook for 1 hour.
At quick tasting it was VERY Bland so off I went to making it taste better
This is what I added to my individual bowl

1 cup of shredded cheese
1 more diced potato
LOTS OF PEPPER
2 tbsp of sour cream
More green onions

Verdict: It was pretty good.. It is something I would make again with the extra items plus more of all of them :O)



No comments:

Post a Comment