About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cutting the Budget More

How to cut the budget even more you ask? I don't know.....

Created a Crock-pot Soup & Sandwiches night weekly this will cut down on what to make as long as we can all agree on the soup. I am not as picky as my other family members..I Love soup the only rules I have for soup are No Beef & No Pork anything else goes them they want (LOTS of Meat/Broth/Noodle maybe Rice)I want lots of veggies & no meat I prefer to use Lentils. So I am currently making Chicken Noodle Soup using the following ingredients. WE will also be having Cheese Crisps in place of the Grilled Cheese so I don't have to stay in the Kitchen and cook 5 sandwiches. What I really hate about dinner time is trying being the only one planning/shopping/prepping/ cooking/cleaning up.

Chicken Noodle (5.50 )

Next time I can cut this down if it goes over well buy cooking cheap pieces of meat and de-boning/ skinning myself)
  • 2 32 oz boxes of Chicken Broth ( one on hand & one bought $1.00)
  • 3 containers of Chicken Pieces purchased ( Already Diced up for $3.50)
  • 1 bag of egg noodle (had to purchase since I didn't have them $1.00)
  • 1/2 cup of minced carrots
  • 1/2 cup of minced celery
  • TBSP of Dried onion
  • Salt /Pepper/Garlic powder/onion powder
Everyone Liked this :O) it was very bland so next time I will spice it up

No comments:

Post a Comment