About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Divine Spaghetti Sauce





I used it to make Lasagna!!



From AR http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Divine-Spaghetti-Sauce/Detail.aspx
I made the following recipe using what I had on hand in the house so here are the changes I made..

  • No Mushrooms
  • No Green Peppers
  • No Bay Leaf
  • Substituted Roasted Red Peppers & Piquin Peppers from jar about 3 huge Tbspfuls
  • Added Ground Turkey with Italian seasoning
  1. Use crushed tomatoes ran with celery/onion in food processor to smooth is out (Fiance's hates tomato/veggie chunks)
  2. Fried the turkey dropped in Crockpot with remaining ingredients
  3. Cooked in Crockpot for 5 hours.
  4. Cooled sauce fridged over night layered Lasagna today baked for 1 hour as items were cold.
THIS WAS THE BEST SAUCE EVERYONE LOVED IT AND SUGGESTED TO USE IT AGAIN FOR DINNERS.





No comments:

Post a Comment