About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Freezing Crockpot Steel Cut Oatmeal

Photobucket
1 cup of steel cut oatmeal
3-4 cups of water in crockpot on low 4-5 hrs.

Yield 5 (1/2 cup portions
)

I am able to purchase steel cut oatmeal in bulk at Sprouts usually when on sale for 50 cents a pound regular price $1.00 a pound...Cheaper then any where else...most places are $5.99 for 24 oz...
Photobucket
I prefer to cook it on my day off when I am around the house or early evening and then freeze it into 1/2 cup portions that quickly reheat in the microwave anywhere I have even taken it to work in my to go mug :O0 Yummy breakfast... These containers are 5 for $1.00 (8 oz or 1 cup)

No comments:

Post a Comment