About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Veggie Burgers

Photobucket

The first picture is of the burgers prior to baking..Here is where I got the recipe from I had to use ingredients I had on hand to I didn't have any green peppers so I substituted frozen corn and green onions over regular onions :O) Say YUMMY!!! I topped this burger w/ a slice of cheese & some BBQ sauce..

Photobucket


This is a picture of the burger when it was baked them.
I had made them for quick lunch meals. This is what I used in my recipe..

1 large can (27 oz) black beans w/ vidalia onions
1 cup of frozen corn
2 hand fulls of green onions
1 tbsp of Garlic Chili Paste
1 tbsp. Chili Powder
1 tbsp. Cumin
1/2 cup bread crumbs

I mixed together then let the burger mix sit over night then
I shaped into burgers & baked for 375*F for 12 minutes per side.

Yield 6 burgers

6 burgers cost me less then $10 to make around $1.60 per burger...



No comments:

Post a Comment