About Me

Who Am I? Family of 3 adults plus 1 pet kitty on 1 income trying to live like I have an unlimited budget & I have to STOP!!!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Welcome to August and Back to School Time

As the back to school time planning has started I have been working on ideas for breakfast on the go/Lunches for school/Simple Dinners

With a Waffle or Pancake recipe and a little time on the weekend morning between 0500-0600 before the rest of the house gets up turn out 2-6 batches of them to freeze.
I made 2 batches this past weekend and that should last me to next Saturday however I realized if I have made more then I would only have to do it every other weekend which would save me time when I am busy on the other weekends.

This Classic Waffle Mix is very simple and quick you also could pre-make the dry ingredients in Ziploc bags & making up several bags for quick pour and whip up batches by just adding the wet ingredients.

Classic Waffle or Pancake Batter

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons white sugar

2 eggs
1 1/2 cups warm milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoon vanilla extract

  1. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside.
  3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla.
  4. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.
  5. Ladle approximately 1/3 of a cup the batter into a preheated waffle iron.
  6. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately or allow to cool to freeze in Ziploc bags

No comments:

Post a Comment